375-3066 Shelbourne St, Victoria, BC V8R 6T9, Canada
Telemedicine is secure and easy to use. You will see and speak to a provider using video conferencing technology if needed.
What you’ll need:
• A smartphone, computer or tablet with a forward facing camera and microphone
• Ability to receive a text message or email
• A good internet connection
Browser Tip: Use Chrome or Safari. Do not use Explorer.
When to use telemedicine:
• Mild cases of cold, cough, sore throat, sinus infections, vomiting, diarrhoea, other infections, etc. (especially if you are otherwise healthy)
• Mild cases of back pain, sprain, strain, or bruising
• Mental health concerns such as depression and anxiety
• Routine follow-up visits for chronic conditions
• Routine medication review
• Medical goal setting or advanced care planning
Your provider will determine if your specific medical concern is appropriate for telemedicine.
Visits that are not appropriate for telemedicine:
These visits typically require a physical exam, which must be done in person.
• First intake appointment for registered clients
• WorkSafe BC or ICBC visits
• Complex or severe injuries
• Severe infections
• Other complex or severe medical issues that require an in-person evaluation
Telemedicine visits are billed at;
Registered Nurse: $50/Consultation
There may be times when a telemedicine visit needs to be converted to an in-office visit.
In these instances, the different in payment will be applied.
If seen by the nurse and recommendation is made to see a physician, the difference in payment with be applied.
Physician: $85 per consultation
Nurse: $50 per consultation
Registered Patient Cost:
$1,500 per annum (includes access to physician & nurse when required)